Aces and Faces Video Poker is a standard video poker game based off the classic Jack or Better game. What separates the two are the bonus payouts on the four of a kind hands Aces or Face cards. These are the Jack, Queen, and King cards.
In this guide on Aces and Faces, we’ll be looking at the rules of the game, some strategy tips, and the pay tables.
Aces and Faces Poker Rules
For those South African players new to Aces and Faces, we’ll be covering some of the rules of this variation of video poker.
- Use a deck of 52 cards in the game.
- Players can hold as many cards in their hand as they want to build the strongest hand.
- Remaining playing cards are thrown out and replaced with new ones from the same deck.
- The minimum and maximum payouts on Aces and Faces are set by the casino operator. However, there is a standard rate you can expect.
Usually, with video poker games, they each have different pay tables. The same goes for Aces and Faces video poker. Let’s take a look at a standard pay table. It shows the card combination along with the amount of money you would get with each coin you bet.
So, as we can see:
- Pairs, straights, and flushes have a lower payout.
- Four of a kind combinations have a higher payout.
- Aces and Faces have the highest payout.
Top Aces and Faces Video Poker Strategy
Strategies for Aces and Faces are relatively simple compared to other games. Let’s take a look at some common strategies and tips.
- Where you can, always bet max coin.
- Never break up a paying hand you’ve been dealtunless it has four of the five cards that make up a royal flush.
- If you don’t get a paying hand, use this list of ranked possible combinations and pick the one that will pay the highest:
- Four of a kind, straight flush, royal flush
- Four cards to a royal flush
- Three of a kind, straight, flush, full house
- Four cards to a straight flush
- Two pair
- High pair (Jack or better)
- Three cards to a royal flush
- Four cards to a flush
- Low pair
- Four cards to an outside straight
- Two suited high cards
- Three cards to a straight flush
- Two unsuited high cards (more than tow, use lowest)
- Suited high cards 10-J, 01-Q, 10-K
- Jack or better
- Discard all dealt cards
Play Aces and Faces Video Poker at Top Casinos
Read Review Yebo Casino
Read Review Springbok Casino
Read Review Thunderbolt
Read Review Casino.com