The South African national lottery has been making South Africans instant millionaires since 2000. The traditional method of playing the lotto has always been to head to a registered Lotto retailer and play your tickets there. But, with the rise of technology, South Africans can now play online. In this how to play online lottery guide, we’ll be looking at placing your lotto bets online.
There are many lottery options to choose from apart from the standard Lotto. These include the Lotto Plus 1 and Plus 2, and Powerball and Powerball 1 & 2. So, in our how to play online lottery guide, we’ll be looking at both types.
How to Play Lotto & Lotto Variations Online
To play the Lotto and its variations, follow out how to play guide below. Please note that in order to play Lotto Plus 2, you have to play Lotto and Lotto Plus 1.
- Register on the Ithuba National Lottery website
Firstly, you’ll have to create an account on the Ithuba National Lottery website. You’ll need to provide information like your South African ID number, email, and create a pin for your account.
- Deposit money into your account
Before you can start wagering, you’ll have to deposit real money funds into the account. The site accepts bank transfers, direct deposit, or credit card.
- Pick the lotto game you want to play
Lastly, you can now pick which lottery game you want to play.
How to Play Online Lotto, Lotto Plus 1 & Lotto Plus 2
- Pick your numbers: Firstly, on the bet slip, choose six numbers between one and 52 on any board.
- Mark which game you’re playing: On your bet slip mark if you’re also entering the Lotto Plus 1 and Plus 2.
- Checkout: Then, add your bet slip to your cart and checkout. You’ll be asked to pay the required amount.
- Wait for the results: You’ll get an electronic slip with all the details of your bet and numbers. Be sure to watch SABC 2 on Wednesdays and Saturdays to find out if your numbers won. On the other hand, you can check online.
How to Play Online Powerball, Powerball 1 & Powerball 2
- Pick the games you want to play: Select the Powerball game or games you want to play.
- Choose your numbers: Secondly, pick five numbers between one and 50, plus one extra number between one and 20.
- Checkout: Add your bet slip to the shopping cart and click on checkout. Pay the required amount from your account.
- Wait for the Powerball results: Finally, look out for the Powerball which happens on Etv on Tuesdays and Fridays. Also, you can check online if you missed the broadcast.
How to Play Online Lottery Conclusion
Playing the lottery is a game of luck and its rewards are truly magnificent. It has the power to change people’s lives in ways that are hard to imagine. Learning how to play online lottery has removed the inconvenience of going to a national lottery retailer. Furthermore, there’s no more waiting in those long queues when everybody is trying to get in their bets last minute.
For more on the South African national lottery, read our guide below.