Roulette is easily one of the most recognisable game in a casino. It’s an entertaining game based completely on luck. This makes it difficult to get a hang of it and start raking in the winnings. Which is why our experts at Casino ZA have compiled this roulette tips guide for our South African players.
Get the best online roulette advice with our comprehensive top ten online roulette tips.
Best Roulette Casinos in South Africa
Practice your roulette skills at our recommenced South African online casinos. Play for fun in free mode or for real money if you’re a seasoned roulette player. SA players can find both roulette games and live-dealer roulette at these top online gambling sites.
Read Review Yebo Casino
Read Review Springbok Casino
Read Review Thunderbolt
Read Review Casino.com
Top 10 Online Roulette Tips
- Know Which Roulette Variant You’re Playing: There are various version of roulette available online. From American to European and French, these variants have their own rules and house edges. Make sure you’re playing a variant you’re familiar with. For the best house edge, play European roulette. It has the lowest house edge at 2.63%.
- Know the Table Layout:Knowing the layout of the table is important because each variant has a different variant. Something as small as an extra pocket on the wheel changes the house edge and ultimately your winnings. Furthermore, knowing the table layout makes it easier for you to place your bets and keep the game moving.
- Are You in the Right Frame of Mind? Another important roulette tip is when you play, are you having fun? If you’re playing and you’re not enjoying yourself, or even more important, drunk, you should walk away from the wheel. Playing when you’re not in the right frame of mind will cause you to make stupid mistakes that could cost you dearly.
- Go for the Outside Bets: If your goal is to have fun while winning, go for the outside bets. These include: blocks of numbers like one to 18 or 19-36, ‘red or black’, and ‘odd or even’. Odd bets may not have significantly large payouts. However, your chances of winning are higher i.e. the odds of winning are higher with odd bets. While inside bets have higher payouts but lower odds of winning.
- Keep a Handle on Your Bankroll: Always set an amount you’re willing to lose when playing any casino game. It’s especially important with a game like roulette because of the thrill that comes with getting your bet right. Once you’ve lost all your money in your bankroll, close the game and call it a day. Additionally, some online casinos even have settings where you can set a limit on how much you spend on a day. Financial ruin shouldn’t be the final outcome of online gambling.
- Don’t Try to Predict What’s Due: This comes when you’ve been playing for a while and you’re on a roll. Players often land up thinking they can predict the number, colour,row, or column that’s due to come up. Don’t play like this. To simply put it,roulette is a game of luck and with random number generators (RNG) used in online roulette games, it’s impossible to guess what happening next.
- Never Bet What You Can’t Afford: Never play with money you can’t afford to lose. Before playing, always set a figure you’d be happy to walk away from.
- Ignore the Betting System: There are many betting systems that people swear by when playing roulette. Some people use the Martingale, Labouchere, D’Alembert, and Fibonacci systems. These may help if you’re playing at a land-based casino or even a live-dealer online roulette game. But, forget about it when playing online roulette games. These games make use of RNGs which make sure that the outcomes are as random as possible. Therefore, this eliminates any possibility of guessing what’s going to happen next.
- Try Playing Combination Bets: Using combination bets increases your chance of winning. Bet on either two numbers, three numbers; even six numbers at the same time. This gives you a better payout rate than stand-alone bets.
- What are Your Odds? Finally, remember our tip to keep in mind the odds of the type of bet you’re making. This is important if you want to get your value for money out of a game.
Roulette Tips Conclusion
The final tip and trick we can give you in our roulette tips guide is that it’s all about luck. Because this game lacks certainty, it is an exciting and frustrating game to play. Forget about predicting outcomes with online roulette. Know your table layout and just have fun.