Mars Attacks Slot Review
Anyone remember the 1996 Tim Burton sci-fi comedy Mars Attacks? Well, fans of the movie, and just fans of a great slot game, can now play this video slot by Blueprint Gaming. Grab your 50s era ray gun and defend Earth from an alien invasion from Mars.
Mars Attacks Visuals and Themes
This slot game draws heavily from the original source material. Get ready for 1950s aesthetic sci-fi visuals and effects to take you back to the mood of the film. Battle UFOs and aliens with big brains. There’s the White House surrounded by UFOs (because all disasters take place in America first) and the royal card symbols of A, K, J, and Q. Furthermore, there are eyeballs, ray guns, TVs, and the big brained Martians. While the Wild symbol is the skeleton. The Mars Attacks logo is the most rewarding symbol on the reels, giving 25x your stake for five on a payline.
Mars Attacks Gameplay
The reels on Mars Attacks are set up in the standard five reel, 20 fixed payline video slot game. However, players will be happy to know that this slot is part of the Jackpot King progressive jackpot network. This means that at any time players are spinning to win one of three unlimited progressive jackpots. Currently, the largest of the three jackpots is at more than R3 million.
Furthermore, Mars Attacks is has tons of exciting and entertaining bonus features. In the base game, players can randomly trigger one of five modifiers and the game will play one of these five features:
- Abduction Beam: the Mothership removes symbols from the reels, adding new sets.
- Expansion Cannon: a mystery symbol pops up on the reels and expands covering nearby positions. These change into a randomly chosen symbol increasing winning potential.
- Mega Shrink Ray: reels shrink to show five symbols on every reel. This increases the paylines from 20 to 3 125.
- Radiation Blaster: randomly adds wilds to the reels.
- Sub-Zero Laser: the winning symbols are locked while the reels respin. This continues until there aren’t any further improved wins.
Even More Features
There are also five main bonus features in Mars Attacks. Get three or more bonus symbols anywhere on the reels to trigger these features. These are the bonus features:
- DNA Analysis: get five free spins on a five by four reel set with expanding DNA wilds in play.The DNA expands after every free spin covering more and more of the reels. Any places on the reel that’s covered by the DNA acts as a standard wild.
- Final Stand: the game gives unlimited free spins on a five by three-reel set. There’s a special Advance symbol on the second reel for the human and on the fourth reel for the Martian. This activates a game where these symbols fill their respective progress bars. It ends when one progress bar is filled. If the humans win, a Big Money Boost is added, which equals 1 000 times your stake.
- Martian Takeover: get ten free spins with Roaming Wilds. These can appear anywhere on the reels and covers it. After each free spin, the Roaming Robot wild moves one reel to the left until it gets to the first reel.
- Spy Hunter: in this feature, players have to uncover the Martian ambassador. Pick suspects from a board and uncover if it’s a human or Martian. Martians give a cash multiplier while picking three humans ends this feature. Finding the Martian ambassador activates the Big Money Boost, adding a 1 000x multiplier to your stake.
- We Come in Peace: in this feature, a bank on the side of the screen must be filled with content the player picks. Once full, the value is awarded and players either get Big Money or Upgrade Arrow improving the prizes. Revealing a Martian Orb ends the feature.
Mars Attacks Review Conclusion
Packed with loads of bonus features and games that come with free spins, Mars Attacks is very rewarding. The 1950s pastiche sci-fi visuals pay homage to the film while also providing South African slots enthusiasts something they’ve never seen before. We at Casino ZA give Mars Attacks 4/5.
Find Mars Attacks at Casino.com. Sign up today and get a R4 000 welcome bonus.