Real money casinos are a way for South Africans who enjoy the thrill of playing at land-based casinos with real wagers to play from the comfort of their own homes. You play online casino games but with real money. The best real money casinos in South Africa have all the popular games including slots, blackjack, roulette, poker and baccarat. You have the chance to win loads of cash and give your bank account a boost with bonuses and promotions. Casino ZA features the best and most trusted real money casinos in South Africa.
Top Online Real Money Casinos
How We Choose the Best Real Money Casinos South Africa
At Casino ZA, we strive to offer you the best there is in the online casino industry in South Africa. Our team of experts have a checklist of standards and criteria for finding the top casinos for real money. You’ll be wagering with real money at these online casinos, and we take that seriously. Here’s a list of what makes a real money casino worth your time and money.
Welcome and No-Deposit Bonuses
Bonuses offered by an online casino are there to give you the chance to experience the casino before really committing. A welcome bonus is for first-time visitors to the online casino sites for real money. They’re offered either in one lump sum or divided into tiers. No-deposit bonuses are given to players without having to first deposit any money into your casino account. This allows you to play without spending much of your money.
Other Promotions and Bonuses
Other real money bonuses you get at real money casinos is the match bonus. This is when the casino matches your deposit or a percentage of it, giving you more to play with. Our best real money casinos offer weekday and weekend promotions, random promotions, and bonuses and promotions for mobile casino players.
Another aspect we consider when picking the best real money South African casinos is their jackpots. These are sure to boost your winnings without you having to spend too much of your own money. We look at the types of jackpots, their size, and how they’re paid out. You’ll find progressive and static jackpots at the various games on offer at real money casinos.
Security and Fairness
Making sure that your personal data and money isn’t stolen is a key factor for real money casinos. The best casinos for real money should have the latest in encryption software (at least 128-bit SSL) and firewall technology. Also, our casinos are audited by regulatory bodies like eCORGA and use the best random number generators to ensure the games aren’t rigged and have the fairest outcome.
It’s important to know how an online casino accepts and releases its funds. Take into account the number of banking options the casino accepts and how easy they are. The more options and the ease, the easier it will be for you to deposit and withdraw your real money winnings.
Excellent customer support is the pillar of any business and real money casinos aren’t any different. Make sure the online casino you’re considering playing at has more than one channel of communication. They should usually have a customer support email address, and a 24/7 telephone number and live chat.
How To Play at SA Real Money Casino Sites
Playing at a real money casino site is an easy process. It’s the same as signing up for an account with any website on the internet. Just make sure that the casino you pick caters to South African players.
Signing Up for an Online Casino Real Money Account
After finding your preferred online real money casino, bearing in mind the types of games on offer, payment methods, and whether it accepts ZAR, sign up or register. Fill in the required information and you’ll have created a casino account where you’ll deposit, keep, and withdraw funds from.
Accessing the Real Money Casino
There are two ways of accessing your real money casino site on your computer.
- Desktop: You have the downloadable casino which requires you to have the software on your computer to access the real money games. There’s also the instant play casino which doesn’t require downloading and can be played directly from your web browser.
- Mobile casino: You can access the real money casino from a mobile device like a tablet or smartphone. You go through it on the device’s web browser. Not all are compatible with mobile so check your casino site if they have a mobile version available.
Depositing and Withdrawing Winnings
To play at the casino, you will need to be able to deposit and withdraw funds.
There are many ways of doing this. You can deposit your funds either via e-wallet, debit or credit cards, and EFT among others. Be sure to check:
- What the online casino’s minimum deposit amount is;
- What currencies the real money casino accepts;
- Which financial service provider the casino recognises; and
- If the online real money casino uses SSL 128-bit encryption to secure your information.
Getting your deserved winnings or leftover funds from your casino account should be simple. Be sure to check:
- If you can withdraw your funds using the same method you used to deposit money;
- What the casino’s withdrawal limit is; and
- What the general withdrawal time at the online real money casino is.
Understanding Your Bankroll
A casino bankroll is the amount of money you set aside to play with before entering any casino game. Playing effectively with your bankroll is your first step to winning real money. Here’s a list of tips on how to make your bankroll last.
Choose a game suited to your bankroll
Consider the minimum amount you need to wager on the game and how much your bankroll is. If the minimum amount for a game is too high, then you’ll finish your bankroll quickly. For example, your bankroll is R10 and you pick a slot game with a minimum coin value of R1. You will only have ten spins compared to a slot game with a R0.50 minimum coin value which will give you 20 spins.
Set yourself a win limit
While this is incredibly difficult to do, it guarantees that you’ll walk away with your winnings. If you set a cap of R10 000 and stick to it, you will be guaranteed R10 000 instead of playing and losing it all.
Set yourself a loss limit
Alternatively, when playing at a real money casino, set yourself a number of times you are willing to lose before walking away. This will ensure that you still have a portion of your bankroll left and don’t overspend.
Stick to your bankroll
This is the very important part and ensures you’ll have a good time playing with real money. Once you’ve set your allowed limits, stick to them.
Free Casino Games vs. Real Money Casino Games
We take a look at the two types of play modes you can use at South Africa’s best online casinos.
Free Casino Games: Pros and Cons
- You can play any number of games without committing your bankroll to any.
- The funds deposited into your Free Play casino account will remain intact.
- You can get a feel for what each game has to offer and decide which one suits you best or offers you the most.
- You will be able to play both online slots and online table games for free
- You don’t get to win anything.
- There’s a risk of you becoming extremely frustrated if you hit a big winning streak and you don’t actually get to pocket any of the winnings
- You can only play for a limited amount of time.
Real Money Casino Games: Pros and Cons
- There’s a thrill of wagering online with real money.
- You stand a chance of winning large sums of money through real money games.
- Have access Live Dealer Casinos through real money wagering.
- You can play your favourite online casino or land-based casino games at any time.
- You stand the chance of losing part or all of your bankroll
- You stand the chance of developing a problem with gambling.
Real Money Casino Online South Africa FAQ
What is a payout percentage and why should I know about it?
This is the amount that has been set as a real money game’s rate of return. A rate of return is how much a casinos pay out for every ZAR spent on a game. It is determined by independent auditors who check to see the rates of losses and wins at a casino. If the payout percentage is 92% (which is low), the casino pays out 92 cents for every Rand gambled.
How do I fund playing online?
You first need to deposit money into your online casino real money account before you can receive any credits to play with. You can use the various banking options available at the casino to deposit funds.
Are there limits on how much I can deposit and withdraw?
Casinos are stricter with their limits on withdrawals more than deposits. In fact, most casinos allow you to deposit a lot of money. You can find out more on banking limits on the online real money casino’s banking page. Or get in touch with them through customer support.
Is my money and personal data safe in an online real money casino?
Real money casinos use the latest and best technology to protect their money and encrypt your personal data. The real money casinos recommended by Casino ZA use the same kind of software as many financial institutions and online shopping websites.
Which games have the highest payouts?
Yes, you can make money playing real money online casinos. That’s why they’ve become so popular – you can win real cash fast. There are big-name progressive jackpots that can run into the millions.