The credit card is a popular banking method in South Africa. People use them to purchase at both online and retail stores. With the widespread appeal and popularity of the credit card, local online casinos accept credit cards to fund and withdraw from your casino account. Credit card casinos are popular with South Africans because of their safety, access to funds and quick clearance. Let’s take a look at what credit card casino are and why SA gamblers should consider using them.
Best SA Credit Card Casinos Online
Types of Credit Cards Used at Casinos
When you think of credit cards, Visa and MasterCard are the first that come to mind. But there are also other types like Diners Club and American Express. However, these last two aren’t as popular as MasterCard and Visa. Furthermore, players are most likely to find credit card casinos under deposit options at South African online casinos. Usually, they’re not used for withdrawals. But you can check this with your favourite online casino under their banking section.
How to Make a Deposit & Withdrawal
Making Deposits at Credit Card Casinos
Credit card casinos in South Africa usually require the following things when making a deposit:
- Select the deposit option in the cashier section of your favourite online casino.
- Choose the Visa or MasterCard credit card option.
- Enter the name on the card, the card number, the CVV or CVC number, and the card’s expiry date.
- Enter the amount you want to deposit.
If this is your first time using the card at an online casino accepting credit cards, they may also require some verification documents to be sent through. This is to make sure that they card belongs to you.
Making Withdrawals at Credit Card Casinos
If the casino accepts credit cards online for withdrawals then you’ll usually go to the cashier section and follow the steps.
Why Go for Credit Card Casinos?
Below are some of the benefits of using it as a banking option:
- Most online casinos accept credit cards.
- Deposits don’t require transaction fees. But there may be an additional fee depending on the casino
- Finally, players can make direct deposits that reflect instantly.
However, there are some disadvantages with using a credit card casino.
- Due to the current change in South African gambling legislation, you may not want to use your credit card because it creates a direct link between you and the casino.
- Also, the processing of payouts takes much longer. You may have to wait up to three days or sometimes even longer.
Credit Card Casinos SA FAQs
For more on South African casino banking methods, read our comprehensive guide.