Sometimes known as shooting dice game, online craps is a popular table game in South African casinos. Two dice are thrown by a player on the craps table and gamblers try to predict the results of the roll. Online craps is a high speed, entertaining, and challenging table game for South African players.
Top Recommended Online Craps Casinos SA
History of Craps SA
The existence of craps goes as far back as ancient civilisations playing with dice. In some archaeological sites all over Africa and even in South Africa, various types of dice have been found. Read more about the history of craps here.
Online Craps Rules
Here are some craps rules just to give you an idea of what the game is like:
- The one who is going to roll the dice is called the shooter.
- Players take turns shooting the dice.
- The first throw is in what’s called the ‘come out roll’ phase and this starts the game.
- The shooter has to place a minimum bet on the Pass Line or Don’t Pass Line.
- The shooter then rolls.
- The end of the game is when the come out roll equals two or three.
- When this happens, the player loses their Pass Line bets and the game ends.
- When the come out roll equals seven or 11, then the Pass Line bets win and the game ends.
- If a 12 is thrown, this is a tie and the game ends.
- In order for the game to continue to the ‘point phase’, a point number needs to be thrown. Point numbers are four, five, six, eight, nine, and ten.
- When a seven is rolled during the point phase, the Pass Line bets lose, and the game round ends.
Pass Line Bets Explained
This type of bet in online craps is the shooter wagering and is the central bet. Pass Line bet can be won is the shooter get a seven or 11. The bet loses when the come out roll is a two or three. If it’s neither of these numbers, except 12, the online craps game enters the point phase and the shooter rolls again. If the player gets a point number before a seven is rolled, the wager wins.
Don’t Pass Line Bets Explained
In online craps, this means that you are betting against the dice. The Don’t Pass Line Bet is an even money bet and, in this case, you win the same amount that you bet. They are essentially the same as Flat Pass Line bets.
SA Online Craps Tips
Here are some handy tips for those new to online craps:
- Online craps is not an easy game and should be taken It’s a challenge, but new players learn and grasp the game in due time.
- Keep the house edge (a built-in advantage that guarantees the casino wins in the long run) in mind when playing online craps. Betting big increases the house edge advantage.
- If you are a new to online craps, it’s best to keep your bets small. Consider staying in the Come Line bet and Pass Line bet.
- For those looking to socialise while gaming online, craps is the perfect game for you. It’s a social game so you will have to be polite and remember to have fun.
- Set your budget and stick to it.
How to Play Online Craps SA
Here’s a guide on how to play craps online:
- You will need chips. In the game, place your money on the table, and the dealer gives you chips. When you are done playing and have any chips, you can cash them out with the cashier. Remember you don’t have to bet all your money.
- Players take turns rolling the dice even though everyone is betting on the same roll. Whether you roll or not, you can still lose or win your bet.
- The shooter must keep rolling until they throw an evening out, which is a loss.
- To make the Pass Line bet, wait for the dealer to turn the big button off. This means a new round is about to begin.
- Once the puck goes off, put your chips on the ‘Pass Line’ area. The shooter then rolls the come out roll to start the game.
South African Craps Glossary
A game as specialised as online craps will come with its own terminology. This handy guide, which you will find here, has all the terms you need to know.