Online Bingo is a popular card game enjoyed by South African gamblers. Players can enjoy a game of bingo at a land-based casino or online. No matter where you play, the rules of the game remain the same.
Our guide below shares the history of the game, its different variants, and how to play online bingo. Find out all about it below.
Online Bingo Real Money Casinos
Tips and Strategies for Online Bingo
When playing online bingo at casinos, keep these tips and strategies in mind:
- Make sure you’re playing at a reputable and licensed online casino.
- Set a budget limit and stick to it. You don’t want to over-extend your finances.
- Play when there are a few bingo players online at your chosen casino. This increases your chances of winning.
How to Play Bingo Online
The rules of Online Bingo are straight forward and easy to follow. Depending on the variation of Bingo you are playing, you will get cards that show 5 x 5 columns; 4 x 4 columns; 3 x 3 columns and 9 x3 columns.
The point of the game is to mark off a number every time the callers shout it out. The first player to get the chosen pattern will win the game. Each column has a Bingo label which letters need to correspond with:
B– Has numbers 1-15
I – Has numbers 16-30
N – Has numbers 31- 45
G – Has numbers 46-60
O– Has numbers 61-75
Popular Online Bingo Games
Below are a few popular bingo games you’ll find online:
This version is fast-paced in relation to the other versions. Cards in this game use a 3 x 3 structure that the player must fill out in order to win.
This online game consists of 75 figures on 5 x 5 playing lines. This is a fast-paced game that most players would like.
This modern cross-game differs from the other bingo games. The online game uses a 4 x 4 card structure where players have several ways to win.
This online game is a 90-ball game that consists of 9 x 3 playing lines with three stages. These are one line; two lines and a full house.
Breakdown of Bingo card:
|Type of Bingo||Size of the Grid|
|30-Ball Bingo||3 x 3|
|75-Ball Bingo||5 x 5|
|80-Ball Bingo||4 x 4|
|90-Ball Bingo||9 x 3|
History of Bingo Online
Bingo was first played in Italy in 1830. It was also in the same year that Italian Lotto was invented. It is still played up until today. As the game gained popularity the French adopted it and named it “Le Lotto”. It was mainly played by the elite class of French society. Bingo got to America in the late 1920s and was known as Beano. It was later changed to Bingo when a player shouted “Bingo” instead of “Beano”.
Online Bingo Glossary
- Admissions: permission to play Bingo online.
- Caller: the person who takes the numbers from the basket and shouts them out to the players. This person is responsible for calling out the numbers for the game before they are drawn.
- Callers’ Choice: a Bingo game where the caller is allowed to choose the game’s pattern.
- Callers Ball: a type of progressive jackpot that pays out when ‘Bingo’ is called.
- Dauber: a specific pen that every player uses to mark their own cards when the numbers are called out.
- Blackout: A game of Bingo where a player needs to cover every spot on their bingo card in order to win. This is also known as a coverall.
- Buy-in: the process of buying a card. Players make a wager before actually playing the game. Players need to buy in before the game begins.
- Basket Bingo: a game of bingo where players win back prizes.
- Progressive Jackpot: a jackpot which increases in value when players buy into the game.
- Minimum Buy-in: the smallest amount that players can pay to play in the game.
- Moneyball: A bingo ball that can be drawn by players before a game begins. A players earnings can double if they get a hit on the Bingo ball.
- Coverall Pattern: when a player gets all their numbers on the card. The coverall pattern is one of the hardest to achieve in online Bingo.
- Wrap up: the last game played in a game session.
Tips for Playing Bingo Online
Manage your bankroll
Make sure to regularly check your bankroll so that you know how much you have remaining. This will help you know to either refill your casino account or quit playing.
Balance your cards
Knowing how many cards to pick and the type of card can help you make the right calls. It is best to pick cards that have a balanced set of odd and even numbers. Having more cards allows you to follow all the cards and increases your chances of winning.
Keep record and analyze your bets
It is important to track your records as this will help you determine whether you’re making or losing money. There are techniques that players can use to track their bets during long playing sessions.
Learn about the real money casino games available on our top South African online casinos.