Online bingo is a very popular lottery game that has withstood the test of time. In the online version of bingo, you can play it for fun or real money. When you wager for real money, you stand a chance to win big at online bingo sites.
The goal of the game is to mark all the numbers on a card and have five squares in your set. That’s when you get BINGO!
Top Recommended SA Casinos for Online Bingo
Spin Shake Casino
Tips and Strategies for Online Bingo
When playing online bingo at casinos, keep these tips and strategies in mind:
- Make sure you’re playing at a reputable and licensed online casino.
- Set a budget limit and stick to it. You don’t want to over-extend your finances.
- Play when there are a few bingo players online at your chosen casino. This increases your chances of winning.
How to Play Online Bingo SA
Knowing the basic rules of any game will help make it an easy and enjoyable experience. The rest is practice.
When playing online bingo, players will get cards that have five columns with five squares each. Every square has a number besides the one in the centre which is known as a free space. On the card, either each column or row has B-I-N-G-O across the top. The letters correspond with the columns and the numbers.
- B covers numbers one to 15
- I covers 16 to 30
- N covers the numbers 31 to 45
- G covers 46 to 60
- O covers the numbers 61 to 75
Listen to the caller and the numbers being read. If the caller’s number is on your card, mark the number in the square. Ultimately, the first player to complete the number pattern wins.
Online Bingo Variations
There are four different versions of this game:
North American Version
This version has a 75-ball selection which has 75 figures and a game card of five by five playing lines. It’s very fast paced.
An online bingo version, this game has 90 balls and the online card has nine by three playing lines. There are three stages to this game: one line, two lines, and a full house.
30 Ball Bingo
This is one of the faster online bingo variations. It has a three by three card and players must fill in their whole card to call bingo.
80 Ball Bingo
80 Ball is a modern cross game and is very different from other online bingo variations. The card is a four by four structure and is used in multiple ways to win.
Online Bingo History
The game was created in 1530 in Italy. This was the year the Italian Lotto, Lo Giuoco del Lotto D’Italia, was formed and it is still played to this day. Then bingo travelled to France in the early 1770s where it was called Le Lotto. It was mostly played by high class French society. Bingo then reached the United States nearly 200 years later in 1929 and was called Beano and eventually it was called bingo. This the term came from what people shout when they win.
Online Bingo Glossary SA
It’s important to know the terms of the game so that you don’t get confused with what’s happening. Below are some terms players will come across in an online bingo game:
- Admissions: this is the right given to play bingo online.
- Caller: the person that reads out the number on the ball that comes from the basket. They are responsible for calling out the sequence for a specific game before the figures are drawn.
- Dauber: the ink stamper players use to mark their numbers on the card when the number is called.
- Buy-in: buying a card. This is where a player has to place the wager before the game starts.
- Basket bingo: a game of bingo where players win basket prizes.
- Progressive jackpot: a jackpot that increases every time a player buys into the game.
- Minimum buy-in: the smallest amount a player must pay to join the bingo game.
- Coverall pattern: when a gambler hides all their numbers that are on the card. This is one of the hardest patterns to reach.
- Wrap up: the last game played in a game session.
Online Bingo SA FAQ
Learn about the real money casino games available on our top South African online casinos.