What are Land Based Casinos?
They are physical casinos that are usually glamorous and have fancy designs. Everything at the casinos is bigger to give a sense of grandeur. The latest casino resorts offer so many things like live entertainment, restaurants and child-friendly play centres.
Gambling houses have existed for a very long time. In most civilisations, there were places where games of chance were played. In some cases, governments of the time supported the activity. Casinos and casino games became refined.
In the 1500’s, the first version of a casino was opened in Venice. The establishment called the Ridotto was closed after a couple of decades of operating. The reason was that officials claimed the sole purpose of the business was to deplete the wealth of the men.
It was only in America that gambling became established. As immigrants arrived on America’s shores they brought with them their games of chance. Gambling saloons which were a common sight during the era helped make the games more popular.
Advantages of Playing at Land Based Casinos
- The entire gambling experience including travelling is valuable. This is unless if the casino is in a poorly sighted location.
- Better interaction with other people and the dealer. Despite the social benefits of meeting other people, the atmosphere at the land based casinos is surreal.
Tips When Playing at Land Based Casinos
- Rather try and stick to the games that you already know. Reserve trying out new games for online casinos. This is because at online casinos you get to set the speed of game play. As a result learning is easy and the bets are lower.
- Keep an eye on your betting limits. You do not want to lose money unnecessarily.
- Because alcohol impairs judgement, rather keep the amount you drink low.
South Africa’s Best Land Based Casinos
Seems like land based casinos are for you? To find the best casino experience in South Africa, take a look at our comprehensive list of land based casinos according to provinces.